The best 10 minute veggies and rice!


Rice.
It's pretty good.


Brown rice.
It's pretty good for you.
- It tastes pretty bad.


Vegetables.
They taste REALLY good.
They're really good for you too!

Put em together and they balance out.... For sure. 


A friend of a friend told me.

White rice+vegetables = a happy stomach and/or life. (this may be untrue)


This is the type of meal that I make when my boyfriend and his bestie have been playing a certain computer game (D3 4 LYFE YALL) for approx 26 days straight. I kid you not.

The first ingredient you will need is rice.


I add sesame seeds to the rice, before the vegies, as a little surprise for myself!

The second is Beyonce's Schoolin Life. 
'this is for them twenty somethings,
time really moves fast - you were just sixteen'

Amen sister.

Although, I didn't have my first heels til I was AT LEAST 16. 
13? Oh choo cray!
I am also great at writing physical love letters..


ANYWAY ANYWAY.

The veggies!

oooh steamy!

Basically. Chop em up. 

I like mine big and chunky (that's what she said) 

Muffin likes his fine and thin (thats what he said) HAHAHA.


Whatever you may like - go for it. 

(this is the order I add them to the pan)



10 min veggies and rice
1 T oil
1/2 cup broccoli florets
4 mushrooms, chopped roughly
1 small onion, chopped roughly
1 small carrot, sliced thickly
1/2 cup eggplant, chopped roughly
1/4 cup zucchini, chopped roughly
4 green beans, chopped (4 - no more, no less!)
1 stick (stalk?) celery, sliced thickly 
3 cloves garlic, chopped roughly 
1 t finely sliced birdseye chili

2 t maggi seasoning (yes, this is essentially liquid MSG) 
2 T soy sauce
2 t thai sweet chili sauce 
1 t sriracha
1/2 t MSG (optional... I mean, don't add it if you're a pansy who only eats bland food. JOKES!)

garnish:
1 T toasted sesame seeds
1 spring onion, sliced finely

K, go!
Heat oil in pan.
Add veggies. Season with s&p.
Fry on high heat, tossing often.
Once softened, add sauces.
Toss and keep over heat for 2 more minutes.
Serve over rice, garnish with sesame seeds and spring onion.




oh oh! Guess who has toothpaste blue hair? 
It's Katy Perry! 
Oh.... no no, that's me, silly! 






psst, a sneak unedited peak at my toesies and sugar pot and food scraps!  haha.

Comments

  1. yummy wonderful crispy clean crunchy veggies, good cooking little chef...:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts