Roasted Beet Salad with Yoghurt Tahini Dressing.


I'm the heaviest I've ever been in my life (possibly because I'm also the most sedentary..)
THUS I've been trying to cut out bready stuff.

Which is basically like trying to cut out your soul mate.


I did an ALL juice cleanse for almost 5 days.

It was tough. 

The main problem was that I..... like food. And Eating. And eating food. 



Also, I don't drink liquids quickly.

I'm that person standing at the bar, smiling awkwardly, sipping her jagerbomb because chugging it is just out of the question.


Anywho. I lost 3 kilos and felt a lot better by the end of it, less bloated and with smoother skin.
Huzzah!


Would I ever do it again? Hmmmm debatable.
At some points I was on the verge of tears.

But maybe that was the lack of toast talking.



This was the first meal I made after the cleanse. It was brewing in my brain for 4.5 days.


Roasted Beet Salad with Yoghurt Tahini Dressing.
Salad
6 roasted beets, peeled
1/4 - 1/2 cup cottage cheese
2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 Tablespoons roasted pecans
1/2 cup soy beans, cooked
1 or 2 avocados, diced
pinch red pepper flakes
5 cups mixed lettuces
1 handful chopped basil
1 handful chopped parsley
1 handful chopped mint
Eggs, poached (optional)

Dressing
(honestly, I add so much to dressings, that giving correct portions is difficult... add and taste as you go?!)

1 teaspoon tahini
1 teaspoon honey
1/3 cup yoghurt
pinch salt
pinch sugar
1 garlic clove

Toss all salad ingredients together in a big bowl.

Mix all dressing ingredients together, taste, season to your liking.

Serve drizzled with dressing and a perfectly poached egg on top!
(Mine wasn't perfect.... but ideally.... a perfectly poached egg!)




Go forth and eat, my vegetable cherubs!

Comments

  1. I'm with you on juice cleanses. I could never make it for 5 days, but I've survived a one-day juice fast and thought I was going to die. That being said, after NOLA Veggie Fest this past weekend and my upcoming trips to Portland (for Vida!) and Bonnaroo (4-day music fest with lots of beer!), I may need a juice cleanse.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for perusing my blog, I'll try to reply to all comments :D

Popular Posts